Ash Wednesday Declaration signatories and supporters
Leading church figures, across the denominations, signed Operation Noah’s Ash Wednesday Declaration.
It was published in February 2012 with signatures from:
- The Most Revd and Rt Hon Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Cardinal Keith Patrick O’Brien, Archbishop of St Andrews and Edinburgh
- Mrs Val Morrison, Moderator of the General Assembly of the United Reformed Church
- The Revd Lionel E Osborn, President of the Conference of the Methodist Church
- The Rt Revd David Arnott, Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland
- Revd Joel Edwards, International Director of Micah Challenge
- Ellen Teague, Chair, National Catholic Justice & Peace Environment Group
- The Most Revd Desmond Tutu, Archbishop Emeritus of Capetown
- The Rt Revd and Rt Hon Richard Chartres, Lord Bishop of London
- The Most Revd Kallistos, Metropolitan of Diokleia
- The Revd Jonathan Edwards, General Secretary of the Baptist Union of Great Britain
- The Most Revd Barry Morgan, Archbishop of Wales.
A number of key organisations have endorsed this declaration, including:
- Christian Aid
- Christian Ecology Link
- A Rocha
- Micah Challenge
- Spring Harvest
- Living Lightly
- European Christian Environmental Network
- Eco-Congregations Scotland
- Quaker Peace & Social Witness.
Steve Hucklesby from Operation Noah with Ash Wednesday Declaration signatory Val Morrison, Moderator of the General Assembly of the United Reformed Church.