For the Love of God’s Planet, God’s People…
Date posted: 23 March 2015
Show your love for creation!
Operation Noah is part of the Climate Coalition’s For the Love of … campaign. This is a great way to get the climate change message across through your church communities in an accessible way. There are online and downloadable tools available to get people thinking and talking about climate change, and to demonstrate that they care deeply about this issue. The campaign is designed to reach out to new audiences, in a positive way, who might not yet be engaged in the importance and urgency of acting on climate change.
How can you and your church community get involved?
- Show a film clip during a church service or part of a sermon on care for creation. There is a short film available here and also a recital by celebrities of Shakespeare’s famous love Sonnet with an important climate change message here.
- Encourage church members to join the mass lobby of MPs at Parliament on Wednesday 17 June 2015. More details are available here.
- Download the origami green heart to wear as a statement. You can share a photo of you and others wearing your green hearts on Twitter using the hashtag #showthelove.
- Watch out for the next campaign actions. There is a photo competition this spring to capture Love in Nature.
- Show the love by sharing what you love that is threatened by climate change with a friend, loved one or colleague to help spread the message.