People’s Climate Mobilisation – get involved
Date posted: 26 August 2014
Operation Noah is joining with many other organisations to call on Christians and churches to take part in an unprecedented global day of action on 21 September to demand action, not words, from our world leaders on climate change. Mobilisation events are taking place across the globe during the weekend before the landmark UN Climate Summit in New York this September. World leaders will be gathering to set out their ambitions ahead of the international climate negotiations this year and next. Faith leaders from across the globe will also gather in New York ahead of the summit and will deliver a statement about the importance of a just outcome.
We need your help to make this the biggest climate mobilisation event in history. People will be coming together to demand a world that we know is within our reach: a world with an economy that works for the people and the planet; a world safe from the ravages of climate change; a world with good jobs, clean air and water, and healthy communities.
There are many ways that you can be involved in the pivotal People’s Climate Mobilisation this September, even if you are unable to come to London for the Climate March.
- Volunteer to help publicise the London march far and wide through your church and other networks. The best way to promote this is by word of mouth, so please talk to others and invite them to come. Please put up posters and distribute fliers too. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Take part in the For the Love of…campaign and organise a photo stunt in your church on the morning or prior to the 21 September. You can send in a photo or short film clip stating what you love that is threatened by climate change and this will be displayed on an interactive visual installation at the march to demonstrate the wide national support. You can do this as an individual, group or entire church.
- Take part in the Climate Chorus by arranging for your church bells to ring out at 1pm on 21 September.
- Sign the petition to David Cameron urging him to attend the UN Climate Summit in New York.
- Take part in a range of direct action stunts happening throughout the weekend of 20-21 September that are targeting the financing of fossil fuel companies and corporate sponsorship by fossil fuel companies. See more details on the People’s Climate website.
- Help promote the march by sharing the Facebook event and posting on twitter using #peoplesclimate #london.
Find out more
People’s Climate Mobilisation
Details of the march and associated faith events