Job vacancy: Communications Assistant [CLOSED]
Date posted: 28 February 2019
Job Title: Communications Assistant
Reporting to: The person in this role will report primarily to the trustee/s with oversight of communications. On Bright Now communications tasks, the person in this role will work with the Bright Now Campaign Manager.
Salary and hours: The person in this role will be engaged as a self-employed freelancer. We expect the job to take the equivalent of one day per week. The work would be done from home, with regular trips to our office near London Bridge. The remuneration will be at £150 per 7-hour day or equivalent.
Background: Operation Noah is the leading Christian charity campaigning on climate change. Our Bright Now campaign focuses on church investments becoming fossil-fuel-free.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Undertake communications tasks for Operation Noah, including communications work on Bright Now and on Operation Noah outreach.
- If required, to work as part of a team with the Bright Now Campaign Manager in the general cause of Bright Now, and on Operation Noah outreach as agreed with line manager.
Work to include:
- Drafting, producing and publishing a monthly newsletter for distribution to Operation Noah supporters
- Managing Operation Noah’s Twitter presence and updating Facebook page as required
- Updating website news and events section as required
- Drafting press releases, sending to appropriate media, liaising personally with key press contacts
- Other communications activity as required
PERSON SPECIFICATION – essential requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be diplomatic
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to motivate self
- Ability to manage own workload
- An understanding and knowledge of Christian principles and culture
- Commitment to care for the environment and passion to take action on climate change
- Publishing web content on WordPress or similar
- Using Twitter on a professional basis
- Creating email newsletters using third-party provider (we use Mad Mimi)
- Writing press releases
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 March.