How should Christians respond to the climate crisis? Should the church be involved with politics? How do Christian values relate to climate change?
Operation Noah aims to tackle these questions in several ways.
- We believe that the church must lead in promoting climate justice. We take a prophetic role in challenging the church to do so.
- Our Bright Now campaign aims to persuade Churches in the UK to disinvest from fossil fuel companies and invest in climate solutions.
- Climate Sunday is an initiative encouraging local churches to hold a local Climate Sunday on any Sunday of the year.
- We organise webinars and online training sessions for churches related to divestment, impact investing and nature-based solutions.
- Our monthly newsletter helps our supporters stay informed on climate news and climate-related events/ resources for churches.
- Our trustees and staff speak at churches and conferences.
- We have previously worked with other Christian organisations on a year of prayer and fasting for climate change. You can find topical prayer points on the Pray and Fast for the Climate website.
- We encourage our supporters to pray for our work.
We work with many organisations and groups that share our concerns about the climate crisis. These include:
We are members or official supporters of: