This autumn, we invite you to join our webinar series to find out how Catholic religious orders, dioceses and other organisations can use their investments to accelerate the clean energy transition and support a green recovery.
Part 1: Fossil fuel divestment: Accelerating the clean energy transition
Part 1 happened in September. View the webinar recording.
This webinar gave an overview of how Catholic religious orders, dioceses and other organisations can divest from the fossil fuel industry and support a just recovery from Covid-19. It wwas an opportunity to find out why the Vatican recommended divestment from fossil fuel companies in June 2020.
- Fr Augusto Zampini, Co-Secretary of the Vatican Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development
- Dr Lorna Gold, Vice Chair of the Global Catholic Climate Movement
- Br Stephen Power SJ, former Treasurer of Jesuits in Britain
- Sr Susan Francois CSJP, Assistant Congregation Leader and Congregation Treasurer, Sisters of St Joseph of Peace
- James Buchanan, Bright Now Campaign Manager, Operation Noah
Part 2: Investment for a green recovery: Innovation in impact investing
Wednesday 21 October 2020, 4.00-5.30pm
Register to join the webinar
The webinar will give an overview of how Catholic religious orders, organisations and individuals can make investments with positive environmental and social impacts.
- Lord Deben, Chair of UK’s Committee on Climate Change
- Dr Sr Gemma Simmonds CJ, Director of Religious Life Institute at University of Cambridge
- Neil Thorns, Director of Advocacy and Communications at CAFOD
- Sr Pat Daly OP, former Executive Director of Tri-State Coalition for Responsible Investment
- Shaun Cooper, Head of Finance at Franciscan Missionaries of the Divine Motherhood
- Victoria Carrion, Director of Membership and Partnerships at the Catholic Impact Investing Collaborative
This webinar series is sponsored by Operation Noah, Catholic Impact Investing Collective, the Global Catholic Climate Movement, CAFOD, Trocaire, Conference of Religious, Association of Provincial Bursars, National Justice & Peace Network and Justice and Peace Scotland.
Register to join the webinars
For more information about the webinars and to register for your place: